
J – time is flying by. We’re off to Europe in exactly 1 week, summer is well and truly over and my return to work date is getting much closer.
Luke has left the little baby stage behind and is developing quite a personality. He is completely delightful and G and I love having him in our lives. The recent break over Easter was great. G was home for 4 days and we went walking with Luke in the pram every afternoon – our little family!
Luke is due for his 4 month check-up tomorrow so I will post his vital stats then.
Breaking news!!! Luke is 66cm long (in the 90th percentile) and 6.8 kilos (just over the 50th percentile). That means he's long and lean and the perfect body shape for French baby clothes. I've noticed that the Petit Bateau clothes are for long, skinny babies and the GAP (US brand) clothes are short and wide for chubby babies.
His major developments are:
Rolling – he was able to go from his back to his front and then to his back again for a few days. Then he forgot how to roll from his front to his back. Then he forgot how to roll at all for over a week and in the last few days has just started rolling from back to front again. He then gets stuck and calls for assistance, this can go on for an hour and is a little frustrating…

Vocalising – Luke is turning into quite the chatterbox especially when he can see himself in the mirror. He has one particularly contented sigh that he combines with a smile that I consider his way of saying “I love you”. He also has a high pitch squeal (his banshee wail) that doesn’t seem to mean anything except “aren’t I clever that I can be so loud”.
Hand co-ordination – everything is still going into his mouth and being slobbered all over. He now fixates on what he wants, can reach out for it and manoeuvre it into his mouth.
No comments:
Post a Comment