J - I can’t believe that nearly a month has gone by since we last posted. Apologies to all the Luke fans who haven’t had an update.In the past few
weeks Luke accompanied me on a business trip to Perth. There was a willing contingent of babysitters from the moment we arrived. My family did a great job of taking care of Luke and
re-establishing their bonds with him. I think that Luke was taken out for a coffee in Fremantle’s cappuccino strip nearly every day!Flying with a 9 month old is a little daunting but Luke was fairly well behaved. Just a few grizzles whilst I was kept on my toes with a constant stream of amusements for him. He remains a flirt with all women and charmed a few more on these flights.
G and I were a bit concerned when Luke first starting pulling himself up on the coffee table but it quickly became apparent that whether we liked it or not Luke was clearly going to do it. So the next step was to teach him that holding on with one hand was a good idea and still left him with one hand to be reaching out for things. Needless to say with every passing day he gets more and more confident and can now sit himself back down when he’s done.
The days are getting warmer which means more outdoor time for all of us. Luke loves the garden and takes every chance he can get to dig his hands into the dirt. He’s thrilled if I’ve just watered so he can play mud pies…G – It’s great to see Luke grow up and start to interact – 2 way communication with less crying ! It looks as though he has given up his afternoon naps, which will make it easier when doing things. He really loves the neighbour’s cat – we may have to get one.
No comments:
Post a Comment