Monday, January 22, 2007

An outdoor boy

J - Luke continues to change. In the month since he’s adopted walking as his primary form of getting around his face has become leaner. I didn’t realise how fast the baby stage goes, Luke seems like a little boy. Well until he hurts himself or can’t do something he’s attempting. At those moments he seems very much like the baby he was.

He continues to love being outside. I’m not sure if it’s normal but he stands and the door and lets us know through grunts, pointing and then crying that he wants to go outside. We’re lucky that his nanny loves being outside too and on Luke’s day with her I think they spend almost the whole time in the park – coming home for meals and sleeps. Luke must know each duck by name and have clocked up hours on all of the play ground equipment.

Luke and I recently visited Lucie and her new baby, Chloe. Holding Chloe brought back beautiful memories of when Luke was a newborn. Not that I would wish that stage to continue for ever but in some ways it was a little easier than the little livewire he’s become.

He has developed a real chuckle – from deep down in his belly – that is the most beautiful sound. It’s a gift in responses to something he finds particularly amusing. For example: he likes to hang onto my back whilst I pretend to look for him. The he sticks his head around into my line of sight and chuckles as if it’s the funniest thing he’s ever done. So unbelievably cute.

Luke has started at his new childcare centre and after a few days last week of visiting for an hour or so he spent most of the day there today. He adapted well to his new environment – has discovered a love for raisins, ate 2 serves of pumpkin soup for lunch, had 2 sleeps and enjoyed the new toys and friends. It was a bit much for him by the end and when I picked him up he was very glad to see me.

No comments: