Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Luke's latest tricks


Luke is developing more cute quirks although when I speak to other mothers I hear it’s pretty consistent development for his age.

He LOVES being in the car. Not driving somewhere but just playing around. The drivers seat holds particular fascination (G taught Luke how to use the horn) as does gazing into the boot. Sounds like fun? Well not really after the minutes tick by 10… 15… and Oma (Inez) said he spent nearly half and hour playing around in her car the other day.

Must to my delight and amazement Luke can kick a ball – in the soccer sense not the Aussies Rules. We were messing around this morning and G says: “watch Luke kick this ball, I taught him how on the weekend” and Luke did again and again. So it may be a pro soccer career he decides to pursue.

Another fascination is our shoes. Luke lines them up and tries them on – he does seem to like G’s shoes more than mine. Or he chooses a shoe from the wardrobe and insists you put it on, even if this means carrying it around the house.

We’re having our first Wednesday together for a few weeks because I’ve been working too hard. To make it up to Luke I took him to the toy shop on the weekend. I had my heart set on buying ‘Basil’ – a pull along dog – but Luke had very definite ideas. Basil looked OK at first and then he spotted the lawnmower. It was all over. For Luke it was love at first sight. He’s now the proud owner of an orange lawnmower. My second mistake that day (the first was letting him choose) was not parking out the front of the shop. Do you think Luke would get back into his pram?? So he pushed his lawnmower down High St, Armadale to the car – delighting everyone along the way I should add.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome work, thanks for keeping us updated - much appreciated xoxoxoxoxox kaz and jay