Saturday, January 19, 2008

Loving my boys

Luke has introduced Alex to our local park. Monday was my first day with both boys all day by myself and I have to admit I was feeling a bit nervous about how it would go. Keeping Luke happy was my priority so we headed off to the park bright and early. I also have to admit that we’ve upgraded to a double pram and one of the 3 wheel models that I always said I’d avoid. Alex handled it all quite well even though Luke doesn’t stick to the paths and he got quite a bumpy ride. Alex’s quality of sleep probably wasn’t as great as it would have been at home but he got lots of fresh air.

Alex is settling in pretty well although I forgot how ‘leaky’ newborns are. Every feed takes longer than I remember and then Alex needs endless burping as the wind seems to stay trapped for ages. His best feeds are definitely when Luke is not around and I can be more focussed on him.

Results of Alex’s 2 week (but actually 20 days old by the time they actually held the appointment)

Weight: 4.76 kilo – I know what a porker! This puts him at the 80th percentile of boys his age.
Length: 56.3cm which means he’s grown 5cm in just under 3 weeks or that he was measured incorrectly at the hospital. 75th percentile for boys his age.

---> Luke eating baguette the French way

Luke is getting better than ever. His words are flowing rapidly and he has a good grasp of French and English. I’m sure this can be confusing for the girls at childcare. He still loves the great outdoors and is obsessed with G’s tools (the drill is a current favourite) and “cut-cut” which is when he gets to prune in the garden. This boy is completely obsessed with scissors! We’ve had a recent problem with mosquitoes. One morning Luke woke up with 5 bites on his face which then got worse and worse with each passing day. This has resulted in long conversations every night with plenty of miming of how the “squitoes” are coming out from behind the cot and attacking Luke – they tend to bite like a dinosaur. It’s so funny and it’s hard to not be rolling around on the floor laughing but to take his fears seriously.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"...words are flowing rapidly and he has a good grasp of French and English. I’m sure this can be confusing for the girls at childcare."

When he gets older the chicks will love it!!!