In the past month Alex’s hair has grown a little too much and he ended up with a bit of a mullet hairdo. So time for his first haircut even though in my heart I wish I could have put it off longer. With Luke I’ve tried a few hair cutting options - the dowdy and cheap place in a local shopping centre, the barber around the corner - and we’ve settled on the kids cutters at a posh kiddie clothing shop. I’m not sure if it’s for the TV’s at eye level or the Buzz Lightyear toy In the toy box. So this Wed I booked them both in. Luke chose to go first and came out looking good. Alex struggled to stay sitting still and objected having his hair pulled at. So now he doesn’t look like my boy from behind and from the front he looks so much older.
Alex, or ‘Lex’ as he’s know when we’re getting a little testy with him, has slept through for about the 4th time ever. But he chose a night that I was away in Syd so now I’m not sure if I should be going home at all. I have got tough with Lex recently after is 5th tooth popped out in about 4 weeks and explained that we can’t continue as we have been. Perhaps Papa’s bedtime stories had a different ending to mine.
I’m constantly reflecting on the wonder of sibling attachment. Luke and Alex do grow closer with every passing day. Luke is always “Alex, Alex, Alex do this/ do that blah blah blah”. Alex is 100% trustworthy if you give him two biscuits and say one is for Luke it goes straight to Luke without so much as a nibble. Alex loves to cuddle and kiss Luke but Luke is not always so keen. From Alex’s perspective it must be so wonderful to be the second child and have a little friend there for him from day 1.
Luke’s latest craze is making paper aeroplanes. I made the mistake one day of throwing one out because it looked pretty mangled. What a disaster! G has been on the internet looking for new models. New planes come home daily from childcare and Rebecca (our neighbour and mother of Jack) has been promoted from the tea lady to the aeroplane creator.
Luke’s latest craze is making paper aeroplanes. I made the mistake one day of throwing one out because it looked pretty mangled. What a disaster! G has been on the internet looking for new models. New planes come home daily from childcare and Rebecca (our neighbour and mother of Jack) has been promoted from the tea lady to the aeroplane creator.
Alex is till a little slow on the talking front. "More" is his favourite, the first "more" comes with a head nod, the next picks up in pitch and gets a couple of head nods, the third is like a dinosaur growling... a dinosour with a big, cheeky smile. Alex has 2 favourite noises: one for a cat (a bit like a mew) and then one for a dog (more like woof woof). If he spots either in a book or on the street out come shis little noise.
Looks like we're not using the camera enough at the moment - not one photo of Luke this month! Sorry, I'll do better next month.
No comments:
Post a Comment