Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sizzling Christmas 2010 in Perth

Grandpa Bill trying to help Alex (who thinks he doesn't need it) at East Perth foreshore
This year I did what I always feared... I travelled with the two boys to Perth by myself whilst G stayed to work an extra couple of days.  And even braver I let them sit together in a pair of seats next to the window whilst I sat just across the aisle.  They were pretty good and all without the help of a portable DVD player.  I had thought about getting one before we left but in the end was glad we left them to their own devices.
Alex in one of Cousin Lucy's dresses - Alex is at the age where he's still
open to wearing girl's clothes.  I think he looks cute if not a bit butch!
Luke and Aunty Karen - in Luke's words "I'm in love with her".  The kids all adore Aunty Karen who has
limitless energy except when she sneaks back to Perth for a day or two to regroup and sleep in!
Christmas was all about family, beach and relaxing.   We found a big house at Yanchep where there's a lagoon beach just right for the kids.  A massive shop on Christmas eve and then just hanging out together.

Fishing 101 - in keeping with tradition Alex's right of passge into being3 years old was the chance to go fishing with Grandpa Bill.  I think they were practising here and not just catching toys from the backyard.

Luke and Cousin Will - yes they are wearing the same tshirt.  Apparently when Will went home he inisted on wearing it everyday whilst asking for Luke.  A word of advice Will - your cousin Luke may not be the best role model for you!

And here the boys are getting ready to go fishing.  No luck this trip but much enjoyed by all of them.
Alex's 3rd birthday cake - yes he looks like he's singing to himself.  The biggest problem with December
birthdays is the overload of gifts over a few days.  The Alex decided everytime he met someone new
they would be turning up with presents.  It's taken some time to convince him otherwise.

Consuming the cake.  Alex also has a sweet tooth and tries everything to get chocolate and sweet stuff.

And Alex looking thoughful at a relaxing afternoon at Hyde Park.  Perth
was just so hot that we spent lots of time trying to stay cool. 

No comments: