
J – 1 week of work to go. The realities of pregnancy have hit and I’m feeling more tired by the end of the day so will look forward to having my days to myself and scheduling an afternoon nap. There’s still a bit to do at work although most of my days are taken up with lunches! I received a great present from PwC – 3.5 hours at a day spa so have booked that in for Tues week to help me ease into a more relaxing life…
< ---- Keeping active at Caulfield Park.
We went shopping for all the baby necessities last weekend. Now Jacques has just about everything he needs. The hardest choice was the pram. I do like the 3 wheel models but they are so wide so we went with Googie’s recommendation (after 3 kids she should know) and chose a more traditional model but in go-fast red.
Officially we have just under 4 weeks to go although the Obstetrician won’t budge in his prediction that Jacques will hang out past this date and go a week late. That puts the birth at around 23 December so looks like Father Christmas will have to track us down at Freemasons. The good news is that he also predicts Jacques will be a little smaller than average at 3.2 kilos. As the one who has to push him out that makes me very happy.<---- relaxing as Jacques squirms around
G – Things are progressing towards the business end of things. Nine months is a hell of a long time! I am really looking forward to Jacques’ arrival. Jocelyn is doing a remarkable job, although she has developed a snoring habit in the last couple of weeks. Maybe she’s sucking on a few beers while I’m not looking before going to bed!
We caught up with a few of my school friends yesterday with partners / wives. What is surprising is how little people have changed from their personality 15 years ago…
So there we are, looking forward to the challenge of things to come. I am trying to condition Joceline towards accepting disorder and messiness, as there’ll be a lot of that with a new baby. It’s a challenge though. Signing off 20 November.
No comments:
Post a Comment