The first photo is of G and Luke having boat races at our local park
I’m in my 5th week of being back to work and have had to come to the conclusion that whilst outwardly Alex is all smiles and a gorgeous baby to be around he’s not exactly the textbook baby that Luke was. Heading off to work after being woken between 2 (a really good night) and 5 times a night is really tough. To be fair Alex has the first of his front, top teeth and the other about to burst through any day and picked up a nasty cold which turned into a cough. But Luke slept through and never fought drinking his milk!!!
We had a weekend away to a minor snow resort recently. The criteria for us being that it was barely 2 hours drive from Melb and the activities were toboggans and not downhill skiing or snowboarding. It was fantastic right from the minute we pulled up at this lovely house surrounded by bush and lit the pot belly stove. Luke loved the novelty of a ‘new’ house – highlights were the fire and the many birds that came to the
veranda during the day. Luke was a superstar on the toboggan and I claim he was the smallest boy riding solo that day. Luke is fond of the phase “by self” and was not about to double up with either of us. Up and down he went for a couple of hours, smiling from ear to ear most of the time.
Developmentally Alex is at a peak. He sits completely unaided now and no longer surrounded by pillows. He can twist, turn and squirm all without losing his balance. He’s up on his knees thinking about crawling. I’m pretty sure he can shuffle backwards and maybe even bum shuffle forwards. He still loves to ‘stand up’ (with help of course) and has started trying to pull up on the cot bars and the back of the sofa. I had a big surprise when I went to get him from one of his sleeps last week – he was sitting up!! Alex has some favourite toys – noisy ones – and like Luke adores sitting in his high chair dropping stuff so we have to pick it up. Also like Luke at this age he loves to chew on broccoli and asparagus.
Luke and I have recently come to an agreement that I won’t use the word “now’. As in “get in the car NOW, go to bed NOW”. Apparently Luke doesn’t like it (or the tone I use) so I’m being creative in letting him know that some things need to be done in a certain timeframe.
1 comment:
That's a great blog. I was over there for a week and saw the swimming lessons. Luke is a lot more confident on a toboggan or a bike than he is in the pool but, as Jo says it is the middle if winter. I had a great week with them and got into the routine of collecting Luke from Little Possums - he wanted Alex to come with us. We have more conversations as his vocab improves and I admire his ability to switch between English & French. Once Grandpa wasn't allowed to read because "Grandpa no french".
I got conned into buying a bike and so away he flew for the rest of the weekend with supreme confidence. We travelled on trams, busses, trains, boats & finally getting carried. One of the best sights was watching the buskers at Flinders St - he was so engrossed that people were stopping and staring at him. When I get home I miss them.
Little Alex is a character and is so smiley until he gets tired - I didn't experience the night episodes though. You can see that he is going to be different to Luke being darker and more solid. He is a heavy as a brick. His big brother is his idol and he squirms around so that he can watch him all the time. I want to see him grow and change.
Thank you Guillaume and Jocelyn for these two delights that are now in my life.
Post a Comment