I’m on to something here I just know it. Childcare has been encouraging independence with the kids for quite some time and so we hear “by self” quite a bit. There is a problem with shoes by self
Luke is developing good manners which makes me very proud. One of his regular saying is “please, I have some ….” And he’s not bad on using thank you either.
When I say whinges I should really admit that Alex is very determined and cries out in a indignant and hurt tone when things don’t go his way – this includes when we take dangerous items off him and when we try to coax him inside the front door. Picking him up to forcibly move him is not fun as he still seems to be a ball of muscle and when he squirms he all but gets out of your arms.
Something else I’m loving about Luke is his singing of nursery rhymes. Childcare has obviously been teaching him because we do sing them from time to time but not often. He’s fond of Jack and Jill and loves to play ‘Jack and Jill’ at the playground by rolling down the slope. He asks for ‘rocka baby’ at night when he’s trying to go to sleep and Ba Ba Black sheep seems to be a popular one in the car.
Alex’s climbing is pretty nerve racking. We have so much more stuff than we did when Luke was at this age. In particular Luke’s stool which is how he gets involved in everything in the kitchen. Well Alex loves it as well. He climbs up both steps and gets on to the table where he stands up looking proud. Then outside he climbs up Luke’s table and chairs and then he climbs on top of toys to get higher in the boys bedroom.
1 comment:
There are some great photos in this one and both boys must be changing as you watch. Luke has lost all of his babyness and that Alex is getting more handsome by the day. Grandpa needs to take them for haircuts. None of these long locks again.
What is the book that Luke is reading? Advice on women/wives?
Xmas is coming very soon and it will be so great to see them again (& the parents).
They have big competition now from the lovely Lucy. She has always been friendly but on my birthday she let me pick her up, sat on my knee and then took 8 steps by herself - the best birthday present. With a little brother/sister due in March I will have to get a bigger heart to fit four grandchildren in.
Ten days to go.
Love from Bill
Post a Comment