| Hanging out with my boys - and I can still squeeze both on them onto my lap at the same time |
| I'm not sure I can explain what was going on here - perhaps one of Luke's ideas for a mid morning nap |
| Alex in the backyard |
G and I have taken Luke along to school orientation – he starts as a prep on 3 February 2011. The comments from the school are that they don’t see him having any settling in issues and that he’s a confident little boy. I certainly wasn’t expecting Luke to dissolve into tears when the kids went off with their teacher but what surprised me was that none of the kids did. Luke shared with me that he told his teacher he can do the monkey bars. I hear that all preps mark the progress of their first year at school by their ability on the monkey bars.
| Luke's last Possums Christmas concert - Alex is also in this pic on far right |
Luke is growing up to be a charming little boy – at times – when he’s so sweet and says such lovely things. Just the other night he said he was sad because I was married to Papa which meant he couldn’t marry me and no other girl would be as good as me. Just precious. He’s also taking his big brother role seriously and helps me about when Alex is being stubborn. He puts on a soft, caring voice and tries to talk Alex around. Just tonight Alex was mad because we weren’t going to get Indian for his dinner and he wanted Nann bread so Luke starts telling him that Luke has a secret piece at home and if Alex is quiet then he will give it to him – just too funny.
I do recall Luke being a bit difficult as he approached 3 and Alex is following in the same path. He is refusing to do swimming lessons despite big punishments if he doesn’t. Last weekend he missed out on the La Petite Ecole fete because he refused to get in the water. And now he doesn’t want to do sport either on Wednesdays. Our renovations have really got started and from having the front fence knocked down, to wallpaper put up through to trenches dug in the lawn results in Alex saying “me love this, don’t do that” and then a massive tantrum. Please let this stage end soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment