G has been away so the boys found their way to my bed most nights. One night is got so hope sleeping in the middle that I got up and went to Alex’s bed. I’m not sure what Alex’s excuse is, probably still Mummy love but Luke has been having bad dreams. Ten days is a long time for us to not have G here and it’s hard for him too.
 |
| Afternoon tea with a friend from the school - vanilla milkshakes and choc oat biscuits |
Last week we had our last Possums concert. The kids were as cute as ever and I did feel a bit emotional being there for the last time. The concert is a reunion for Luke with a number of his old mates from his Possums days. They are at different schools now and all look so grown up.
 |
| Luke won the medal for being the best kid in his taekwondo class - he work very hard and really deserved it |
I’ve been preparing myself to say goodbye to Possums for the last few weeks. It's been 6 years for us and they have been such an important part of our lives - the boys will miss Helen's cooking and I will miss all the ‘Mariaisms’ that the boys come up with. Alex is fond of saying “we certainly wouldn’t want to do that” and I know that they are exactly Maria’s words.
 |
| Alex is in the middle of the front row in a red tshirt |
As usual we’ve held birthday parties for the boys early but now call they them the 'fake' birthdays to distinguish from 'real' birthdays. More about those in a separate post.
 |
| Luke showing just how flexible he is |
The battles with Alex continue and I am not pleased that he has now refused to wear jeans and any pants with buttons to adjust the waist size. It’s elasticised pants only for him now and preferably tracksuit pants. Lucky I have a good stock of navy ones from when Luke started school. I do feel better that not the only one with this issue….
 |
| On the big slide at Hanukkah |
Negotiations have become a part of how our household runs. I think children of this generation think everything is their right and they are not shy to tell you so and to strike deals to get what they want. Recently it was the Jewish Hanukkah festival in our local park. Free rides, lots of food to buy and junky plastic toys. We went along in the afternoon and on the way back they start negotiating about going back for the fireworks (held at 9pm mind you!). G was away, we were all tired, the boys waking early so I said most likely no and put them to bed. Luke was hoping that I would wake them and take them. Lucky I didn’t as they were cancelled and plenty of families were there freezing at 9pm.
No comments:
Post a Comment