Friday, July 26, 2013

July school holidays

School holidays are a mixed time.  The boys are tired and ready to have a break from school but them the boredom sinks in.  We’ve banned saying “I’m bored” in the house, punishable by the ladder of doom.  Still they have variations on it such as “I’m borged”!

Pre holidays a chance encounter with a T Rex
Then the weather can add to a bit of cabin weather.  Electronic games are their distraction of choice but we just have to set some limits.
The boys at the beach near Rye with friend Maxime
The first weekend of the school holidays we were away in Rye with a French family whose son, Maxime, is in Luke’s class.  A fun outdoors weekend with lots of good food as well.  We’re always reminded how early our boys get up when they’re with other kids for sleepovers.  Late nights, early mornings equal fraught, emotional kids.

We have been enjoying family board games.  Alex in particular likes to be the banker – something about being in control of the money and the assets I think.  If he likes you he slips you extra money which adds a new twist to the games and can annoy the other players.  Monopoly and art auctions are favourites.
Luke has lost the first of his top, front teeth
Alex had a play date with one of his friends and whilst he had a lovely time he was full of stories of how annoying the little brother was.  “He was always getting in our way, whatever we did he came too…”  All I could do was laugh.  I think Luke’s described Alex this way before.

No comments: