Here's some stories and photos from our trip in March/April 2014. G and the boys headed off first and just after we all caught up we split up again. Into Team Paris: G, Luke and Grandpere Gilbert; and Team Austria: me and Alex. I think it was pretty exciting for Luke to get to Paris as he knows a lot about it from school and the many French kids who visit it as part of their holidays in France.
 |
| Luke at Notre Dame, Paris |
A visit to the Eiffel Tour was a top priority and G and Luke got there early to beat the crowds and ques to head to the top.
 |
| And up on the Eiffel Tour |
Meanwhile Team Austria enjoyed first class train travel on the 7 hour journey to Lech. Alex was so excited because our carriage only had four people in it. But was disappointed that the seats didn't lie flat and they didn't bring food like on planes.
 |
| Rodelling or sledding in Luke |
Rodelling as sledding is called in Austria was a huge highlight for Alex and we went many times, each new run meant taking the cable car back to the top and racing down. This photo was taken near the bottom which was pretty impacted by the warm weather and the end of season snow.
 |
| Alex leading the way with his ski class |
Alex was a bit reluctant to go to ski school but did participate in the end. The highlight was the restaurants the classes visited at lunch and being able to order Coke with his meal! Except the day he lunched with me which was no Coke but to the surprise of all the other kids Alex ordered snails and licked the plate clean.
 |
| Tackling some more challenging runs |
 |
| Being cheeky on the bus to the main ski slope |
1 comment:
What a life these two boys have with European adventures and what great experience they are getting. I was in my mid 50s before I saw snow and 65 before I got to Europe. And I still cant speak French.
I guess that life is now getting back to some form of normality again with school & sport.
School and sport are so important and I want them to be good at both.
I love these blogs & looking back.
Post a Comment