Friday, July 04, 2014

Sport, sport and more sport

On our return from France life didn't get back to normal straight away as G headed off to the US for two weeks inclusive of three full weekends I might add.  So what does a temporarily single mother do with her boys?  Sport of course.
Early days of rollerblading, Alex still a little unsteady
Alex and Luke had collected a bit of gift money whilst we were away and for once managed to not blow it in the nearest toy shop.  Alex had been wanting rollerblades for a while so with his pocket money chart we headed off to the sports shop.  Whilst a little unsteady on his feet at first he was determined to get rollerblades.
Roller scooting or something equally dangerous....
Luke had been a bit indifferent about them but once Alex had them on his feet he wanted them as well. Unfortunately there was nothing in his size.  But once we got home I realised that my rollerblades from 15 years ago could be an option for him.  Our feet are only a few shoes sizes apart!  So started a manic couple of weeks of getting up, breakfast, dressed and teeth brushed to get outside and start rollerblading by 7:15am to get a half hour in before we left for before care.  Once again I realise how lucky we are to have our driveway.  Luke got into it very quickly and Alex took a few more days.


May is the start of the winter sports season and for the first time we are doing team sports.  Luke is in an Under 9's soccer team called the Leopards.  They are a very strong team and have played together for a few years.  I had thought Luke was quite good but some of these kids are just so skillful.  Luke generally plays defense and is a strong and persistent tackler getting the ball and passing through to his teammate.

2 comments:

Billyboy said...

Very mobile monkeys with scooters, bikes and now roller blades.
I don't know how you keep up with their energy levels - even the early starts and the soccer too. Is taekwondo still on the go?
And aren't the mornings cold? I would be rugged up from May until September.
School holidays are on so i guess that their/your days are busy.

Billyboy said...

Very mobile monkeys with scooters, bikes and now roller blades.
I don't know how you keep up with their energy levels - even the early starts and the soccer too. Is taekwondo still on the go?
And aren't the mornings cold? I would be rugged up from May until September.
School holidays are on so I guess that their/your days are busy.