| Luke and his new Lego alien invastion ship, well the beginning of it |
No sooner had we managed to put together all the Christmas Lego (G thinks that I buy the Lego for me and not the kids as I’m the one who puts it all together) then it was Luke’s birthday. It was yet another lovely day at the beach and Luke was suitably impressed by his presents.
| Birthday meringues for Luke |
As he had already had a birthday cake he chose meringues for his celebration. There seems to be a bit of a meringue fascination going on at the moment. I think all because he saw a meringue snowman in a bakery one day and wanted it. However at $4 I had to let him know it was overpriced and I was more than capable of making him a dozen for that price! I call that a lesson is delayed gratification as well as learning the value of money.
| Lighting the candles, still fascinated with fire |
Then we had a breather for a day and Alex’s birthday followed. Again the unwrapping of the presents whilst G and I wondered how in the world we could dispose of all the packaging! Alex was delighted, tested everything out and we headed off to the beach.
| Alex with his birthday loot |
Again I offered to make a cake but Alex had been mesmerised by some biscuits in a new cookbook Inez gave G and I for Christmas. So again a birthday with no cake (unless you count the panettone that we had for breakfast and stuck the candles in). The choc mint biscuits were delicious and we did make them a couple of times for guests over the holiday.
| Birthday panettone with candles of course |
So now we have a 4 and a 6 year old and are really enjoying this next phase with our grown up boys.
| And birthday biscuits selected by Alex and cooked by all of us |
2 comments:
the boys are stunning and the new house looks lovely. how delightful xx auntie kaz
I looks like a good time was had by all with Xmas an two lots of birthdays all in a week.
Leggo is certainly the thing for the family so it will make choosing presents very easy (including for you, Jo.
I wish I had been there with you all and must do a trip to Ryde when next in Melbourne.
Post a Comment